I LOVE the look of false nails. They’re always beautiful, create looks I can’t do myself, and add a little something extra to a look. Because I don’t wear them very often, adding false nails always feels like something special I do when I’m really treating myself.
Kiss gifted me a set of their new Parasol Fantasy Special FX nails*. The set includes 28 matte, chrome and glitter long square nails. The variety included means you can create multiple looks and mix and match to create your own style.
However, I’m a low-maintenance girl. I always file long nails down as I like to be able to carry out normal daily tasks without worrying a false nail is going to pop off! It’s also good to function without struggling to do up the button on my jeans. So here’s a list of things I’ve discovered I can’t do with nails on.
- Type. As someone who works on computers all day, this is a minor inconvenience.
- Put in my contact lenses. Being able to see is pretty handy.
- Take OUT my contact lenses. As is being able to sleep.
- Undo knots. Why is this so difficult? Surely nails would aid this? But no.
- Unwrap cellophane. Again, SO difficult.
- Wipe my butt. Just keeping it real. There’s no easy way to do this.
- Do up buttons, of any variety. Putting on a shirt or jeans takes double the length of time. Triple if they’re skinny jeans.
- Get dressed/undressed. See above.
- Play any of my instruments. Nails and string instruments just don’t go hand in hand, pun intended.
- Open bottles. This definitely shouldn’t be as hard as it is.
- Light lighters. Depends on the lighter honestly, but it’s an added struggle.
- Turn the pages of a book. Practice helps here.
- Peel an orange. Considering this is something that is done solely by digging your nails into it, false nails don’t make it easy.
- Slice vegetables. As a vegetarian this is something else of an inconvenience.
- Get my bank card out my purse. This is probably my fault for using a coin purse for my bank cards but nails don’t help.
- Enter my pin number. Those buttons are tiny you know?
What are your fake nail struggles? Let me know in the comments!
*Disclaimer: Products included in this post were gifted but all opinions are my own.